Blueberry Peach Cobbler

Blueberry Peach Cobbler
I'm a big believer in living life and everything in moderation.  I do much better with my own eating when I can indulge every now and then.  Several months ago, I started incorporating a sweet treat or dessert into my weekly meal menus for my family.  We all love to have a huge bowl few bites of something sweet at the end of the day.  Not every day, but some days.  It is possible to make yummy treats without adding a ton of refined sugar and unhealthy fats.  

I know I will risk losing some of you when you read that you need rice flour and arrowroot flour.  You can find both of these at most any grocery store now and once you buy them, you will have them for a while.  They both can be used for a variety of things, like thickening soups and making gravy.  If you can't bring yourself to buy these, you can try a gluten free flour blend.  I haven't tried this recipe with that, so that is my disclaimer:)

I made a batch of this recently and some for one of my very best girlfriends, who is working really hard on changing the eating habits for herself and her family.  I'm so proud of her.  She texted me and said it was "stupid good".  So, there you go.  It's good.  Make it this weekend.

When purchasing rolled oats, try to always buy organic.  You can order gluten-free, organic oats online if you can't find them locally.  I buy mine here, because if I have to look hard for something or go to a special store, I won't buy it.  I live on Amazon Prime.  Nonorgniac oats (including gluten free) are sprayed with herbicides that damage the digestive system.  You can use the topping with any fruit filling.  Make sure you use organic fruits, too.  At the very least, know the Dirty Dozen and just buy organic of those.  

Filling:

4-5 medium peaches (sliced)
2 heaping cups of fresh blueberries
1/3 cup coconut sugar or pure maple syrup
1 Tb. arrowroot powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Topping:

2 cups organic, gluten free rolled oats
1/4 cup arrowroot flout
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup melted virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease an 8x8 baking dish.  

To make the filling, gently mix all of the ingredients and spoon the mixture into the baking dish. 

To make the topping, mix all of the topping ingredients together and crumble the topping over the fruit.  

Bake for about 40 minutes until bubbly.  Serve warm.


Comments

Popular Posts