HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!


I can't believe that 2017 is coming to an end!  I took a little break from blogging this holiday season.  This season is always a busy time and I really wanted to enjoy every second that I could with my family.

The last two months of the year are ALWAYS the hardest for our family to stay on track with our workouts and healthy eating.  The older I get, the less it bothers me, too.  In all honesty, I love all things comfort food, holiday party food, candy, hot chocolate, and wine.  There.  I said it.  I even put my beloved Orangetheory membership on hold this past month.  I just knew that with work, parties, traveling, etc. that I wouldn't get there.  So, I figured I would feel better about it all if I at least put it on hold and didn't still pay to not go work out:)  I have zero regrets about any of this because, really life is too short to not enjoy things in moderation.  I just don't stay in that place of over-indulgence.  Which, brings me to NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.

I don't really do New Year's resolutions, but I do love the start of the New Year and it being a time to kind of reset.  This January 2nd, I am going to start a Whole 30 eating plan with my husband.  If  you would like to learn more about this, click here.  Basically, it is a zero sugar, zero grains, whole foods lifestyle.  I don't like to refer to it as a diet, because that just makes me angry to think of food I can't have.  I have done this reset Whole 30 eating plan several times and I always feel great.  It is not always easy and sometimes I truly would give my right arm for a glass of wine or a Coke, but I feel like you can do anything for just 30 days and I really do love the way that I feel afterward.

I am going to TRY really HARD to post a different Whole 30 recipe on my blog every day for the 30 days starting January 2nd.  I promise the recipes are really good and you will not see a grilled chicken and steamed broccoli recipe from me.  The recipes are all somewhat fun and flavorful!  I would love to hear your feedback on the recipes and any Whole 30 recipes you love and tips you have!  Please share!!

I have shared before that the kind of nourishing that we do to our minds is truly just as important as what we put into our bodies.  I enjoy starting the New Year with some things that strengthen my faith and keep me on track there, as well.  I enjoy quiet time each morning - it is something that I have really made a priority over the last few years and truly starts my day out well.  It always begins with coffee and a cozy space.  I started the One Year Bible last year and I am happy to report that I have made it to October 31st in it:)  I have missed days, and I am never as good at having this quiet time on the weekends, but I did a lot more days than I didn't do this year, so I am happy about that.   I'm going to start over from Jan 1 again this year and hope to make it through all the way by Dec. 31st of 2018.  This is a really great guide to help you read through the Bible.  Each day is broken into an old testament passage, a new testament passage, a Psalm, and then a Proverb.  Some books of the bible are easier reads than others, but I have really enjoyed this.

I usually journal after my daily reading, and then end with an entry in my Gratitude Journal.  I follow a lifestyle blogger that wrote in these gratitude journals every day for 13 years, and she said that it changed her life.  I have written almost every single day this year, and I cannot stress enough how this has changed my outlook on all things.  It was so impactful that I bought my son one this past Summer, and he writes in it at the end of most days.  Finding 4 or 5 simple things to be grateful for each day, transforms your heart and renews your mind.  It brings about contentment and thankfulness, and you begin to notice and appreciate all of the little things about each day.  I love this so much.  Contentment and gratitude truly do breed happiness.

My hope and prayer for each of you, friends, is that this year is full of joy and love.  That you grow and thrive within your families and that your lives are healthy and full.  Say no to some really good things this year, so that you can say yes to, and enjoy, more simple moments with  your families.  Happy New Year and welcome 2018!!

Comments

Popular Posts